Sunday, November 18, 2007

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Extreme angry rantage to follow.

I decided not to publicly comment on the Sandi Shelton incident because it was heartbreakingly sad and it had gotten really intense.

I have shed a lot of tears for Sandi and Dennis and their daughter Hannah. Unfortunately, I could empathize a little too well. If you want to read their story click here http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071118/NEWS01/711180602/1001/news

Sandi and Hannah are home safe and sound with Dennis' ashes. I am happy that their tragic story didn't become even more tragic and they can begin their mouring process in private.

In reading that post and its attached comments, I became infuriated at some of the comments that were published in this sad sad story.

One a**h*le had the nerve to say that Sandi should feel guilty about adopting their daughter in China and causing the death of her husband and if she had adopted an American black child her husband would still be alive!

FIRST of all, until YOU have adopted a child (or are in the process), you have NO RIGHT to give YOUR opinion on how others choose to build their families. WALK A MILE IN AN ADOPTIVE PARENT'S SHOES BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH! CASE CLOSED...

SECONDLY, the American adoption system is NOT easy. China when we adopted was easier and pretty much a done deal if you met their requirements. People are so ignorant about adoption, especially American adoption unless you are going through the process yourself. "Having a Friend who did it" is not enough, believe me.

I applaud anyone who parents a child, any way, either a bio child or via adoption. It is the most incredible rewarding, hardest thing you will ever do to become a parent. I am digusted by a "human being" who is so hateful to kick this family in such a sad time of their lives.

If anyone had ever said that to me, I don't think they'd be able to open their mouth again anytime soon.

"Whatever" there is a special place in hell waiting for you.

1 comment:

~Kristen said...

OMG... I can't even begin to understand how any human being could actually write that and then hit publish... I hope that person rots in... a very dark hot place... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is right!!!