- First of all, the blessing of loving Kelsey and being called "you GOOD Mommy!" lights up my heart in ways I can't ever explain.
- The Olympics AND the DNC all within the same 3 weeks? What riveting real life events playing out on the tube.
- Kelsey has rejected the potty again (yes, even the Princess potty is not worthy of her pee) I did buy her the new Ariel Mermaid movie, but I told her she can't watch it until she pees again on a potty (any potty!)
- Pre-school begins 2 weeks from tomorrow. Where does the time go?
- Kurt's traveling and I am really tired this week. This makes my patience level go into the toilet
- Tana's being a bit better about the peeing in the house...which means she gets to be here longer
- We've spent the last 2 weekends very busy and I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. I've turned down 2 invitations that sound like a lot of fun (sorry SIS!) but I did get a phone call from a good friend inviting us to a block party...about 1/2 block away. That I think we can do.
- I'm going to Washington DC with one of my schools. We're meeting the President. (yup, W) and going to a huge event on the White House lawn. I am going overnight (scary! my first business trip since Kelsey)
- My high school reunion is coming up soon. Its really expensive to go, so we made the decision that I'll go for a short time and then come right home. I hate going without my trophy husband (hi baby!) as my arm candy...but we have a lot on our plate right now.
- Plus, Kelsey won't be stressed about being left (we were going to let my sister sit for the first time...but this will be okay and then Kurt and I can use a night out for ourselves!)
- I've been doing a ton of writing lately, all for work. Hopefully the fruits of my labor will bear some hefty fruit (please!)
- Kelsey is now over 37" tall. While she's still teeny compared to other kids...how did my baby get so big?
- She's got her 3 yr old check up a week from Sat, then the Dentist for the rest of her xrays the following Monday...poor baby.
- Being overly tired makes me think some dark thoughts sometimes. People can be really irritating and I can be very overly sensitive.
- I am hanging onto a number for the last few days...freakin' annoying that these numbers get bigger!
- I volunteered for a new blogging opportunity that I am actually excited about. Stay tuned for more details shortly
- I love the photo on top here...my little poser!
- I am loving my new hair color...it's a bit blonder/caramelly than I ever thought I'd be
- Things I am doing this weekend:
- Going to dinner at the Bonefish Grill
- Shopping for a new twin bed for our girl
- Shopping for a new rug for our bedroom
- Coaxing my Trophy Husband and my fashionably in style daughter to the Rennaissance Festival in Tuxedo...I love that place.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Plus, I am writing all the time, proposals, grants, concepts, strategic plans...I have a done a ton of writing lately. But you're not here to know my thoughts...you want to see what we've been up to...
Kelsey rode on rides on the board all by herself...my heart was literally frozen for each ride...I can't believe my girl can ride by herself...and LOVED IT!
Oh, and my beautiful baby girl is FINALLY on her way to potty training! She gets that she has to do this now and has actually peed on her little potty! Now, if we can get her to sleep in her own bed, my life will be heavenly!