Sunday, May 20, 2007

Overworked, Overfed, Over-tired, and Undernourished

Hey All,
The good news is that I should have my life back on Friday. The TWIN award event that I've spent the past 5 months of my career on is over on Thursday evening and so should the late 2am evenings and weekends spent working on this project. I am taking a few days off after this project is over...and I can't wait!

The bad news? I'm a cranky woman. That's saying it nicely. You know the old adage "if Momma ain't happy, no one is?" All too true right now. :(

Kelsey is not sleeping on schedule right now - some nights she goes down happily at 8pm and sleeps til 7am and some days she screams till 10pm and wants to sleep until 9am! Oy! Tonight, however, she told me (in words!) that she's scared of dark and wants the lights on. Interesting, huh? Friday and Saturday were baaaad and Sunday isn't going well either. It's challenging to coordinate visits and family with her sleep patterns. It's unfair any way you look at this.

Honestly? All I want to do is be left alone in peace and quiet to do this work and eat chocolate. Unfortunately life doesn't work like that. And when I try to have a semblance of a normal life? Cranky woman comes roaring out.

Cats are shedding like mad and puking....cleaning woman is wonderful but does not put my stuff back where it should be! My Mother's Helper hasn't been available for a few weeks. I did get a chance to get my hair cut and colored....I like it, but don't love it yet. The guy is coming first week of June to finish repairing our door, but he overcharges like mad (thanks State Farm! GRRRRRR!) I haven't spoken to my brother in over a month, and my sister isn't the happiest with me either.

Guys I know I suck right now....I'm sorry but I am overwhelmed and have been trying my best.

Feel sorry for Kurt right now. He's bearing the brunt of this big time. He takes care of Kelsey and has been doing most of the cooking/shopping, etc. At least he gets to leave next week for 5 days....

Next year I'll know how to do this better...this compressed timeline is for the birds!

What I am fantasizing about....
powerwashing our screen porch and hanging out there
planting spring flowers and rummaging through a nursery or 2
painting the floor of our back porch
getting a full fence for the backyard and cutting down a few "bad" trees
reading a magazine for pleasure.

One of the ways that I feel best about myself is when I am able to be creative. This means writing, crafting, gardening, even organizing and decorating. Lately all my time has been spent working, unloading the dishwasher (I feel chained to the kitchen lately) or trying to satisfy everyone else...I have spent very little time nourishing my inner self and it shows :(

Friday is our 10th wedding anniversary. I wish I could say we have big plans, but Kurt and I do intend to put Kelsey in daycare part of the day and have a nice lunch together...the first time we've had a meal without her since we became a family. I think this is sad...10 years is a big milestone for us...it should be celebrated as such, but we just don't have the time/availability.

Hope your week is shaping up better!
JoAnn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy tenth!! Enjoy and I hope that things atart to lighten up for you!! Any time you want sympathy - call me.. I am nearing the end of a really nast work period!

Missy
EFP's Mom