Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Favorite Place on Earth

Hi All,

No, it's not Hawaii...or Disney! My favorite place on Earth is a teeny pale blue room at the end of our hallway. It's Kelsey's room of course.

I spend a great deal of time in there. Sometimes we have fun, like when we roll a ball around or fold laundry and organize her stuff (okay, I admit that I am a freak...I love to organize my daughter's clothes and stuff! )

Sometimes its not so fun...like when we're trying to get her to sleep in her own room! I bought the Dora sheets and blanket, and she likes playing in the bed...dear GOD why won't she sleep there!

It took me a while until that room came together. Some people create their baby's nursery immediately after deciding to adopt, but I couldn't bear the thought of walking past a room completely ready for a child who may not be there for a while...so we waited... We did paint the room that calm blue...I was going for a beachy/cottage theme. We found it in the daisy pattern and decided to make the room cottage daisy. Kelsey's room is very tranquil and serene, except when all the stuffed puppies and books have exploded on the floor...but it's wonderful to have that room come to life with Kelsey there.

Anyway, I thought you'd like a tour....

1 comment:

~Kristen said...

It's such a beautiful room... I LOVE it and can understand why it's your favorite place in the world....